Looking for a good alternative to the 24-70mm f/2.8 lens?
I picked up one of these for my Nikon D700. I like this lens!
Very handy zoom range. Very sharp images. It is a "good one".
AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
- A 5X standard zoom lens with a fixed maximum aperture of f/4 through the full 24mm to 120mm range of focal lengths
A 5X standard zoom lens that offers superior function and
performance. This zoom lens has a high reproduction ratio that is both
practical and functional for professional and advanced amateur
photographers. It consistently demonstrates excellent rendering
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake
compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately
Equipped with two VR modes, Normal and Active, the vibration reduction function responds to a variety of shooting scenes.
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted to significantly reduce ghost and flare
- Nikon's internal focusing (IF) system has been adopted with no increase in the length of the lens
- Equipped with two ED and three aspherical lens elements for superior optical performance
- Equipped with two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet auto-focusing