Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Hooked" on Fuji


When I initially decided to purchase a digital camera I wanted to have one camera that would do it "all". I wanted a long zoom range, macro capabilities, image stabilization and I did not want to carry around a bunch of lenses. These qualifications more or less forced me to purchase a super zoom, "bridge" type camera.
After a bit of research I decided that the Fuji s8000fd would fill my needs perfectly. The 28-486mm f/2.8-4.5 is very capable. The camera has very close focus macro capabilities. The image stabilization functions well and the image quality for what I use the photos for was very good.

So far I have shot around 10,000 photos with the camera.

Well, so far, so good.

But photography is much like golf, and everyone knows that you can't play golf with only one club.

I now own the Fuji f100fd, Fuji s100fs and the Fuji S5 pro. All very capable and all at the upper level of their individual categories. Not to mention the benefits of the Super CCD sensor technology.

The benefit to the consumer of adhering to one brand is that the learning curve for each additional camera purchased is less and the menu systems on different cameras from the same manufacturer tend to change little from model to model.

And of course for the DSLR purchaser sticking to one brand allows all the lenses purchased for the first camera to be used on the new camera. Smart.



1 comment:

  1. I just bought a S100fs online and I expect to get it on the next few days. I saw some full res pics on you flickr page that just blew me away. Not only the composition are superb, but also the IQ. Do you shoot RAW or Jpeg with your S100fs?

    Congrats for the beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete