Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM


In this day and age of the short zoom, long zoom and super zoom lenses it is quite common for the consumer to ignore the capabilities of a good, wide aperture, fixed focal length lens.

I was also of this opinion.


The gentleman that I purchased my Fuji s5 Pro from also had one of the fixed focal length lenses for sale.

He explained to me that the lens was a very good choice for this camera, but I was a bit short on funds at the time.

Well he made me a fantastic offer on the camera and the lens.


So I now own the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM featuring the Nikon mount.


This lens is FAST!! The very open aperture grabs light. The very shallow depth of field allows the photographer to create fantastic, almost "dreamy" images.


The lens is designed for APS-C sized photo sensors so it functions well with the s5.


I am glad to have this lens in my "kit". It opens up a whole new world of photography to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment